I get it, there are too many games in your Library and it has become hard for you to find your favorite ones. Everyone likes a Library that is well organised and sorted. So let me help you with that.
There are two ways of removing a game from the steam library. You can choose to hide a game or permanently remove it from your library. If you’re looking to temporarily remove a game which you’ll be playing later, then hiding it would be the better option.
You need to follow different steps for each of these options and these steps are fairly straightforward.
Let me guide you through the hiding process first. Keep in mind that this is a temporary measure which you can reverse later.
- The first step is to open your steam library and locate the game that you want to hide.
- Then you need to right-click on it and go to “Manage.”
- Here you need to select the “Hide this game” option.
- It’s done.
Now if you want to view a hidden game or you want to unhide it, here’s what you need to do.
- Go to the “View” tab in the extreme top left bar.
- Select “Hidden games”, now you’ll see all the games that you have hidden.
- Right-click on the game you want to unhide and go to “Manage”, after that click on “Remove from Hidden”.
If you want to permanently remove a game from your steam account, you’ll need to follow a different procedure. However, let me remind you that it is a permanent thing and cannot be reversed.
- Before opening steam, uninstall the game from your hard drive. You should do this because if you remove it from your steam account earlier, uninstalling it from the disk can be a frustrating task then.
- You can also uninstall the game from steam itself by right-clicking on the game and selecting uninstall from the “Manage” section.
- After uninstalling, go to “My Library” and find the game that you want to remove.
- Then, right-click on the game, then go to “Manage”. Here you’ll see the “Remove from account” option.
- You’ll see a confirmation message after that. Click on remove and you’re all set.
You can also get a refund from Steam if you purchased the game less than 2 weeks ago and played it for less than 2 hours. Pretty awesome, right.